4 Reasons Crypto Trading is For Everyone
As blockchain technology (and the cryptocurrency built with it) rolls past its 12th birthday, more people are taking an interest in trading digital assets.
Cryptocurrency’s complexity can be daunting for beginners of all ages, though. And if you can’t understand it, how can you trade it?
With the right guidance and a secure platform, all generations of traders can lean into the excitement of this trading medium. Here are four things to know about trading digital assets to give you the confidence to begin trading today:
1. Crypto trading is for everyone at every age.
The digital nature of cryptocurrency trading makes it easy for anyone to access and manage. If you can get online, you can be a crypto trader. This is one thing that makes it attractive for all generations:
- Generally speaking, this group is keen on technology and willing to learn something new. They have never known a time without smartphones or the internet. The intangible currency of crypto and the rapidly changing conditions within the cryptosphere are a given for this generation that challenges tradition and lives a decentralized lifestyle.
- These established professionals in middle age have become comfortable with the concept of trading. Since they experienced the financial crisis of 2008 early in their professional lives, they’re likely to do their homework for new opportunities. They’ve had to adopt technology as it comes and are willing to trust and try.
- Boomers/Silent Generation
- Seniors and retirees have been surrounded by tech for decades, and although they aren’t necessarily early adopters, they’re willing to explore new things. They’re risk-averse, so the secure nature of a trading platform like Bittrex will feel comfortable.
2. You already use digital payment systems.
Most people, from teens to octogenarians, use digital payment systems. Credit cards, debit cards, and apps like Venmo, Apple Pay, and PayPal—these are all digital payment systems. In fact, most people rarely carry cash tender, preferring to a pay digitally. It’s easier and more versatile. Payments are trackable, usually in real time.
The only difference between this kind of digital payment system and cryptocurrency is that the crypto version is more secure because it’s decentralized. With crypto, there are multiples of multiple sources of verification (a blockchain), each vouching for each other. This is a decentralized system, which removes the middleman (the bank) from your digital transactions.
3. Your trades can be as big or little as you want.
Here’s one example: Bitcoins are divisible into smaller units knows as satoshis—each satoshi is worth .00000001 bitcoin. Somewhere between the big traders and the smaller traders, there’s a place for you to experiment and get to know crypto trading.
4. Trading can be quick and easy
Some people like spending time investigating, researching, and studying before they make a trade. Others act more on instinct or whim. Bittrex has a place for both.
Our mobile app and its Instant feature are so simple that listing the step-by-step instructions for trading with it is quicker than describing it:
- Log in to your Bittrex account and click “Instant” on the bottom menu bar.
- Select which currency you would like to purchase.
- Select the amount you would like to purchase in USD.
- Enter your Visa/Mastercard debit card information*.
- Confirm your purchase.
And just like that, you’re a crypto trader.
The easiest, and arguably best, way to buy cryptocurrency is through a robust, secure, and mature exchange with lightning-fast trading speeds. For those reasons—and more—Bittrex is one of the world’s leading digital asset trading platforms. And with exchanges in the U.S. and partners around the globe built on top of our technology, it is the best place for every generation to start trading.
Set up an account, download the app, and start trading your way.
*For more information, including a list of states where Bittrex currently supports Visa/Mastercard Debit Cards, visit here.